Berlin: See & Do | Tea & Post

Friday 5 September 2014

Berlin: See & Do


Take a walk through the Holocaust memorial. Designed by Peter Eisenman, the 2711 slabs of stone grow in size as you walk further into their centre. You can interpret the memorial as you wish. I personally believe the theory that the slabs represent those who suffered, starting quite small and growing to alarming heights.


With Berlin's large offering of museums, you should definitely add exploring one to your to-do list. Museum Island in particular, which is made up of five incredible museums, is a great way to spend a day. It's also a UNESCO World Heritage Site!


There's so much to do at Alexanderplatz that you simply must take a wander round the area. 


Enjoy the German food. Berlin is renowned for it's schnitzel and currywurst - stands are located all over the city!

 Situated right by Checkpoint Charlie, Charlie's Beach is the perfect place to stop for a beer and a snack.


Head to the top of the Fernsehturm for an incredible view of the city.


Take a bus tour. It's a quick and easy way to see the sights and gives you a great rough guide of where to find them for future visits. I really find there is no quicker or better way to get a layout of the city.



 Rent a bicycle. Everywhere we went there were bike racks, all offering bicycles for just 10 euro a day. Berlin seems to be quite a cycling friendly city.


Stop by White Trash Fast Food for a burger, I'm not usually a burger fan but my god this was insane.


Try the German beer. Yum!
Share:

13 comments

  1. I did not go up the TV tower this time (did with my grandparents when I was a teenager), but we went up the dome of the Rathaus and had a pretty decent view from there. Well, as decent as the view can be on a cloudy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Berlin it is my favorite city ever. I am glad you put the holocaust memorial first, that is a truly amazing memorial. The Jewish museum had a similarly memorable exhibit, and some very unique architecture. I would add Kreuzberg/Warschauer Strasse at night, it is a very interesting scene!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited Berlin with school when I was about 14, we did a lot of the things on this list but I think I need to go back, even if it's just to try the German beer as this was something we obviously didn't get the chance to do! We went to the top of the Fernsehturm, and also walked around the Holocaust memorial. I really hope I can go visit again though.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Berlin when I went a few years back but I hope to go again some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Berlin is still on my to do list. Having been to Cologne and Dusseldorf I am keen to try Germany's capital city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I'll have to make a note of that for if I ever return there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never made it to the Jewish museum or Kreuzberg, I'll remember them for if I ever visit Berlin again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely city, I had real trouble narrowing it down to just 10 things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's the only place I've been to in Germany so not sure how it compares, hoping to visit Cologne before the end of this year though for the Christmas markets :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such an interesting and cultural place to visit, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although I don't live that far away (a few hours) and I have many friends, who have been from/or are living in Berlin, I have never been there. I want to go there next year though :) Looking forward to the parties there. Heard lots of crazy stuff about them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted to try the clubs out too but everyone else didn't unfortunately! Hope you have a great time if you do go :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely going to use all your recommendations, especially the burger place! And I'll try and rent a bike if it isn't too cold and snowy. :)
    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete

© Tea & Post | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig