Five Cities I Would Give Anything To Return To | Tea & Post

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Five Cities I Would Give Anything To Return To

I was recently nominated by Emily from The Cosy Traveller to share with you five cities that I wish I could revisit as part of Booked.net - Top Destinations To Go There. I found this pretty difficult as I pretty much want to go back to everywhere I've ever been! Time has always been an issue when I've travelled, there just never seems to be enough of it to do or see everything I want. After a fair bit of deliberation I've finally managed to narrow it down to these five beautiful cities.


Paris, France


A weekend visit to Paris back in 2012 with my best friend wasn't enough to satiate my desire for all things French. We flew through the sights using our train passes; whizzing past the Eiffel Tower, zipping up Champs-Élysées for a quick picture of the Arc de Triomphe and a rushed visit to Disneyland Paris. We dined on mussels, sipped cheap wine and had a quick nose around the Louvre. As much as I loved the trip I would really like to return and do it again slower. To be able fully absorb everything around me, embrace the culture and really get a feel for the city.


Bangkok, Thailand




I really didn't expect to like Bangkok as much as I did, I thought I'd be eager to leave the busy, dusty city. Instead I found myself regretting that only two nights of my holiday would be spent here. From the imposing, intricately designed temples to the colourful vibrancy of Khao San Road, Bangkok has so much to offer and I only sampled a slice of it. I'd love to be able to explore the city further on a return visit.

New York, USA


New York was a dream come true for me in September 2012 when I spent four days in the Big Apple for my 21st birthday. I was bubbling with excitement as we drove past yellow taxis and red fire escapes towards our hotel. We squashed in as much sight seeing as we could, although in a city as large as New York it was impossible to see everything in that time frame. I've recently been looking at how much it would cost to spend a few days there in the Christmas period but don't think that will be happening this year. I'd love to see the tree that is placed outside the Rockefeller Centre each year and go ice skating in Central Park.

 Split, Croatia


A downside to going on a cruise is that it's rare to stay in one port for longer than a day. Croatia had been top of my wishlist for a while, so when we docked there I simply had to book the Split/Krka National Park excursion. The short but sweet visit showed me how beautiful Croatia was and I took lots of photos of the stunning scenery. Unfortunately on the very last day of this cruise, my SD card corrupted leaving me with only this blurry instagram and a few memories to remind me of my visit. I'd love to refresh those memories with a return trip.

Sydney, Australia


Returning to Australia has been a goal of mine ever since I went in 2008 for World Youth Day. Being sixteen years old on a group trip with a set itinerary made it difficult to get a true flavour of the city, although I loved everything I did get to experience. Climbing Sydney Harbour Bridge and learning how to surf at Bondi Beach are top of my to-do list if I ever get the opportunity to return.

The five bloggers I'm nominating to share their five cities with you are:


- Kate from The Lotus Creative

- Laura from Little Travel Bee

- Lucy from Absolutely Lucy

- Loriley from LorileySesh


Which city would you return to?
Share:

5 comments

  1. I LOVE this post - all of your cities sound amazing, you've made me want to go to all the ones I haven't yet been to! I'm going to have to have a good long think about this before I post - just so many places I want to go! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd return to Chicago in a flash, love that city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing what your answers are :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go back to Budapest or Prague tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. […] was nominated by the lovely Lauren Blenkinsop of Tea and Post, a travel and lifestyle blog, to blog about the five cities I would most like to return to as part […]

    ReplyDelete

© Tea & Post | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig