Hakkasan, Mayfair | Tea & Post

Thursday 5 June 2014

Hakkasan, Mayfair

I have a restaurant wishlist about as long as my arm when it comes to dining in London. I've worked in the city for nearly 3 years now and I've barely made a dent in it! Hakkasan in particular has always held a certain allure for me. Although I'd heard it was pretty pricey I'd also been told that the food was amazing. Of course I had to find out for myself. When a friend suggested meeting up for dinner one evening after work I mentioned it and soon enough we had a table booked. 

Cocktails were served as we perused the menu, they had such an extensive selection I wasn't too sure what to go for. In the end I went with a Rose Petal, it was slightly strong for my taste but still quite nice all the same. I liked that it came with a rose petal gently floating on the surface.


We figured sharing is caring and so chose two that we thought we'd enjoy. Dim Sum was  my pick and it was delicious. Soft, moist dumplings enclosing scallops and prawns, dipped in a tangy chili sauce. Yum!


My friend opted for the stir-fried wild mushroom and lettuce wrap. I was pleasantly surprised by this as I don't often eat vegetarian dishes. It was very tasty!



With the mains we again decided to share so we could have a taste of both dishes. Heather went for the Roasted Chicken in Satay Sauce which was nice but not a scratch on what I went for...


The Sanpei Chicken Claypot, a gorgeous medley of succulent chicken flavoured with sweet basil, chilli and spring onion. I completely fell in love with this dish, it was brilliant. Particularly with a bit of steamed rice. It's making me want to lick the screen!


Usually I take a photo of the restaurant's menu but unfortunately this time I forgot. Hakkasan also doesn't seem to provide it's full menu on the internet so I have completely no idea what the name of Heather's dessert is. But I know she loved it. A large ball of ice creamed coated in rice crispies with popping candy carefully swirled around the edge. Upon bringing her dessert to the table they poured a small jug of melted chocolate over it, causing the rice crispies to snap, crackle and pop! It was certainly an interesting dessert.


I can never turn down a macaron, these had nothing on the ones I bought in Paris but they came pretty close. The filling was very thick and creamy and the outer shell had the perfect consistency and flavour.


The food at Hakkasan was incredible, I still can't get over how good the chicken claypot was. Unfortunately the person who told me it was on the pricey side was correct. They do appear to have some set menus at lower prices if you were interested in dining there but not blowing a lot of money on a meal. I definitely recommend it if you're looking for somewhere to go on a special occasion.

Share:

3 comments

  1. This post has made me so insanely hungry! Those lettuce wraps look so good and the drinks are so pretty! And that rice crispy/ice cream dessert sounds like it would be amazing! Something I would have never thought to put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, oh my, I wish I could have these dim sum bowls right in front of me now. This is not food, this is food art - at least, I think! It looks so yummy and beautiful at the same time. Wish I could have a bite or two right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren! I've tagged you in a new tag: Slice of Adventure. Check it out, if you can do it then that'd be wonderful! x
    http://kerryshabitat.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/a-slice-of-adventure-series-new.html

    ReplyDelete

© Tea & Post | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig