Tenerife: See & Do | Tea & Post

Friday 4 December 2015

Tenerife: See & Do

The beginning of September saw my mum, dad, brother and I packing our suitcases and catching a flight to Tenerife, for the first holiday with just the four of us in nearly a decade. We stayed in a lovely hotel, swam almost every day and ventured out a few times for activities.There's even been talk of going again next year as we all enjoyed it so much.

Another reason we'd love to visit again is the sheer volume of things to do, we couldn't quite cram it all in! If you ever happen to visit Tenerife, here are a few suggestions of what you can do in your time there.

 STARGAZE ON MOUNT TEIDE

This was one of my favourite days on the holiday and was well worth the long drive to get to Mount Teide. I've loved stargazing since I was a little girl, fascinated by all things space and excited by visits to our local planetarium.

As soon as I saw the leaflet advertising the excursion I knew I had to convince my parents to go. My dad didn't take much persuading and eventually mum agreed too. When we'd reached our viewing point, we clambered out of the bus and the driver turned off all lights revealing the clearest sky I've ever seen. It was breathtaking.

Our guide was very knowledgeable and could answer every question we threw at him. He pointed out the constellations to us using a laser pen and explained how the night sky changes with the seasons.

The only downside to this trip was the meal at a vineyard on our way there, where we had no choice of what to eat and the food wasn't particularly good. If you do decide to head up to El Teide at night time make sure you take a jacket with you, it gets cold up there!

SLIDE THROUGH A SHARK POOL AT SIAM PARK

Image Source
We were all desperate to visit Siam Park, but couldn't make it fit into our schedule during our time there. Supposedly the best waterpark in Europe, Siam has a Thai theme which is evident in the building designs, food served and even the Thai Floating Market that exists there.

With huge slides such as Mekong Rapids, The Dragon and Tower of Power (pictured above) it seems like an adrenaline junkie's dream. I really hope we do return to Tenerife as I won't be missing out next time!

 WATCH DOLPHINS & PILOT WHALES IN THEIR NATURAL ENVIRONMENT

Whilst researching Tenerife before we went, quite a few whale watching trips caught my eye. I wanted to see the creatures in their own habitat, not trapped behind a glass wall and performing for food. Thankfully the rest of the family was just as interested in going on a boat trip as I was, so we signed up! I was delighted by how many animals we saw, the dolphins in particular making the whole trip for me.

I went into more depth about this excursion here as it was my favourite from the holiday.

MAKE THE MOST OF BEACH ACTIVITIES & WATERSPORTS

The waters surrounding Tenerife were packed with people taking part in all sorts of activities, jet-skiing, para-sailing and submarine safaris just to name a few. We ended up getting a package deal for the para-sailing and jet skis.

If I'm honest, I wasn't a massive fan of the jet ski. I was completely a bit terrified of being left in charge of a machine that can apparently cause life threatening injuries if misused. Whilst the others were going full throttle, I was tentatively squeezing the accelerator just enough to keep me bobbing along behind them. Eventually I became fed up of being a speck in the distance and built up the courage to go a little faster. I did finally start enjoying myself, it just took a while to relax!

The para-sailing on the other hand was absolutely brilliant and I'd have stayed up there all day if I could! It wasn't quite what I was expecting, but in a good way and if I was given the opportunity I would definitely do it again. 
Share:

2 comments

  1. Tenerife sounds amazing - just those dolphins alone! Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best trip I've ever been on! It was so amazing :)

      Delete

© Tea & Post | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig