What I Eat In A Day: Vegan #2 | Tea & Post

Monday 4 January 2016

What I Eat In A Day: Vegan #2

I've been watching quite a few "What I Eat In A Day' videos recently and I've enjoyed them so much, I thought I'd give them a go myself! I've posted some of the recipes below. It's been a while since I've written a recipe post so let me know if you have any questions about them!


Tropical Smoothie (Serves 1)

You will need: 1 banana, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 cup mango, 1 cup coconut water.

Blend ingredients together and serve.

Quinoa & Roasted Vegetables (Serves 1)

You will need: 1/2 cup quinoa, veggies of your choice, soy sauce (to taste), juice of 1/2 lemon.

Place vegetables into a baking tray/roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and season before placing into the oven for 25-30 minutes. This may vary depending on which vegetables you are using (I had mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, red onion and courgette).

Boil the quinoa for 10-12 minutes before straining and move into a large bowl. Add the roasted vegetables and stir to mix well, allowing the quinoa to begin soaking up the flavours. Add as much soy sauce as you would like and the juice of half a lemon.

Chickpea & Avocado Tacos (Serves 1)

You will need: 2 tortilla wraps, 1/2 tin of chickpeas, 1 avocado, 3-4 tbsp soy sauce, julienned carrot, red onion, cherry tomatoes

Heat the oven to 180 degrees.

Spray the tortillas with olive oil and place on the oven rack for around 3-5 minutes (until they are toasted and hold their shape).

Drain the chickpeas and heat in a pan with 3 tbsp of soy sauce for 7-10 minutes. Meanwhile, mash an avocado and place to one side.

Once the chickpeas are done, mash them (or whizz them in a blender) until they are at your preferred consistency. Then mix together with the avocado.

Layer the ingredients in the tacos! I usually begin with a crunchy layer of julienned carrots followed by the soft and tasty avocado/chickpea mix. Add a little kick with some red onions and top with juicy cherry tomatoes.

These are my absolute favourites, they're quite addictive!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea & Post | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig