Five Places I Want To Visit In 2016 | Tea & Post

Saturday 9 January 2016

Five Places I Want To Visit In 2016

With a new, blank calendar hanging in front of me, it's hard not to feel excited about the prospects a new year brings. Especially when it comes to travelling. 

As always, I still want to visit everywhere and do everything, but to keep it realistic I'm going to narrow it down to five countries that I'd like to try and see in 2016. 

Croatia

Image Source
A few years ago, I was able to travel to Croatia for a beautiful but brief first visit. The cruise we were on offered a trip to Krka National Park where we saw some amazing waterfalls. I'd love to visit this country again, particularly to see some more waterfalls. Plitvice Lakes are one of the oldest national parks in Europe, renowned for the crystal clear lakes that cascade into one another. Creating a scenery so perfect and breathtaking, you could easily pretend that you're in a faerie realm. 

Benbecula


Image Source 
On a small island near the very top of Scotland, located in what is known as the Outer Hebrides is where my great-grandfather and his family lived. I missed a trip to this beautiful and remote island a few years ago and although I can no longer visit with my grandad, I would like to see where his side of the family came from.

 California



California has been high on my wanderlust list ever since I first watched the OC. I've only ever been the East Coast of the States so I'd loved to go on a West Coast roadtrip, stopping in San Francisco, Big Sur, LA with maybe even a quick detour to Las Vegas. The culture seems so different to that of England and I'd love to experience it for a week or two.

Bolivia


Image Source
Highly unlikely, but highly wanted. A trip to Bolivia would be a dream come true and although I doubt I'll be able to afford to visit this year, I can still try! The salt flats look spectacular and I'd love to visit the archeological site of Tiwanaku, the city of La Paz and attempt to cycle down the infamous Death Road.

Santorini

Image Source
Over the last year or so, I've spent quite a lot of time in mainland Greece and it's made me miss the islands like crazy. This year I'm hoping to hop on a boat from Athens and sail away to one of the most picturesque of the bunch, Santorini. It's a long journey but I think that will only add to the experience, I love being out on the water and sailing round the other islands will be incredible.

Where are you hoping to visit this year?  
Share:

4 comments

  1. I have been to Santorini only for 2 days but the island from my short trip was so beautiful and relaxing!

    The Plitvice lakes are on my list of places that I want to go as well, they look so beautiful! I would also love to go to Iceland, North America and Bali, I don't know if I will get to go to any of them this year but if I could go they would be my top choices :)

    www.beautywanderlust.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iceland and Bali both look amazing! So many beautiful places in the world to see. If only travel was free!

      Delete
  2. omg good choices I second California, Santorini and Croatia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg good choices I second California, Santorini and Croatia.

    ReplyDelete

© Tea & Post | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig