2016 Goals | Tea & Post

Saturday 2 January 2016

2016 Goals

At the beginning of every new year, I write myself several resolutions that I usually fail within the first month.  This year I thought I'd switch it up a bit and give myself some goals instead. Things I want to strive towards rather than restricting myself.

Redecorate Bedroom By Easter
I keep promising myself I will reach a point where my room is perfectly organised and I can buy some sample paints. It still hasn't happened and my room is still an explosion of stuff. I just don't seem to have enough storage for everything I own and I hate throwing things away. My parents think I'll end up like Cathy in Coronation Street (they're probably right), so I need to get it all sorted so I can finally set about redecorating the place.

Learn How To Play An Instrument
Santa was very good to me this year and brought me a keyboard for Christmas. I've always wanted to learn how to play one but I never got round to it. At the moment I've mastered the beginning of the Star Wars theme song and Frozen's "Let It Go" (priorities) and I'm hoping to learn loads more this year. Currently I'm just learning from YouTube videos but I may look into having proper lessons at some point. 

Continue Vegan Lifestyle
I eased off on the vegan way of life for Christmas and became a vegetarian to make life a little easier for my family. But now it's a new year I'm hoping to continue being a vegan and learning a lot more about how to successfully live as one. Hopefully by next Christmas I'll be such a pro I will know exactly what to do for Christmas dinner!

Pass Four ACCA Exams
Last year I only managed to pass one of my ACCA exams, mainly because it had been six years since I last sat an exam and I freaked out a bit. Now I know how I study best, I'm going to put that into practice and try to beast another four exams this year. There are 14 exams in total and I don't want to spend that many years completing them! 

Start Swimming Again
I miss swimming, a lot. I used to visit the local pool around 4-5 times a week and complete an hour each time. For some reason I just feel at complete peace in the water and it's where I get a lot of thinking done. Plus I love counting how many lengths I've done and seeing an improvement over a number of weeks. When I was poorly I was unable to go swimming and now I finally feel better, I'm completely out of shape! I'm hoping by the end of the year I'll be able to complete around 60-70 lengths in an hour again.

Do you have any goals for 2016?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea & Post | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig