The Sunday Post: Lifestyle Changes | Tea & Post

Sunday 20 September 2015

The Sunday Post: Lifestyle Changes


The last few weeks have absolutely whizzed by. I've completely missed all of my planned Sunday posts so I guess I'm going to have to try and squeeze everything into this one! After spending a weekend at Creamfields festival I rushed back to London to catch a flight to Athens and celebrated my birthday with my family and best friend. A quick hop back to the UK to repack and we then flew to Tenerife for our first family holiday in ages. It was really nice to have all four of us together properly for the first time since Christmas, it may happen rarely but that just makes it extra special. This weekend I've been a little poorly and busy catching up with work and studying. I spent 10 hours at the office today! On a Sunday! Luckily, working weekends doesn't happen that regularly and I'm just pleased that I'm finally on top of everything again. 

Since being back at home I've been making quite a few lifestyle changes, pretty major ones. I've quit smoking and now happily puff away on my vape instead. Although I feel a bit like I'm playing a little flute when I do. It's going really well and the other day I felt like I didn't even need the vape, I guess it's just something to do with my hands when I get bored. I'm hoping to completely cut it by the end of the year. Fingers crossed!

Another HUGE change is that I'm now a vegan. I've tried to make this transition multiple times over the years but have never been able to kick my taste for meat. Until now. I've done so much reading over the past few weeks, watched absolutely horrifying videos and absorbed so much information from documentaries that I honestly feel quite sick at the thought of eating meat or byproducts. I love animals and the thought of them being tortured and killed brutally so I can have my dinner has really put me off. I'll probably post in a few weeks about how I'm getting on with the transition but at the moment it's going really well. I feel so much better for it already, my energy levels have soared and I've been feeling a lot brighter. It's also a really good feeling knowing that I'm helping the environment and saving animal lives at the same time. I've been experimenting with some recipes to try to make the switch as easy as possible but to be honest, it's been a doddle. I'll be posting some of the food I'm making over on my instagram if you're interested in that sort of thing!

Hope you had a great weekend! 
Share:

2 comments

  1. I'm seeing so much about veganism everywhere lately and its really got me thinking too. I've always been a carnivore...I know you hear her and there about farming conditions, but when you really look into it its properly sickening like you say. Hats off to you for going full vegan, that's a big commitment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm finding it surprisingly easy so far, I was really expecting to struggle!

      Delete

© Tea & Post | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig