Madison, St Paul's | Tea & Post

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Madison, St Paul's

I wasn't sure whether to publish this post as I intended to write it in July and somehow kept forgetting to finish it. However, after a return visit to the restaurant Madison recently I figured I just have show you this place. It's pretty spectacular. Dinner and drinks were on the cards with my blogging pal Lola as we were due a catch up. When discussing where to go she suggested this restaurant which I'd never heard of before. Set right beside St Paul's on the top floor of One New Change, it has the most amazing views of London.

We sipped on prosecco as we perused the menu.

I decided to go for the scallops to begin with, served with a cauliflower purée, pickled cauliflower and crisp prosciutto. This was the first time I'd eaten scallops and I really enjoyed them. They're quite meaty for a fish dish, nice and succulent with plenty of flavour.
Keeping with my meaty fish theme I picked the monkfish for my main, served with mashed avocado, rocket and a lemon to squeeze. It was really, really delicious, I really want to eat it again!
After a few more drinks outside on the rooftop terrace we called it a night (well, we moved onto another bar). If you're ever looking for somewhere to eat or drink in London I would 100% recommend this place. The food was really tasty but also fairly expensive. Fortunately, you don't need to eat here to enjoy the views,  just order some drinks and sit out on the terrace watching the world go by.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tea & Post | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig