June | Tea & Post

Monday 30 June 2014

June


What I've Been Reading...






What I've Been Writing...

I have been neglecting my little blog lately due to University deadlines but I'm hoping to get back on track in July. Here are a few posts that I was particularly please with this month.


What I've Been Learning...

I've recently joined MatadorU in an attempt to improve my travel writing. I'm really enjoying the course so far and the support from the community.

Also this month my University course has been focused on Accounting and French. I've always loved languages as a subject so the French has been quite fun. The accounting on the other hand... My brain simply doesn't work in a numerical way, I've been struggling and can't wait to get the essay in so I can move onto something I enjoy more.

As my situation has changed considerably in the past year I've also recently elected to change my course from Law to an Open degree. Meaning I can choose pretty much any module I want. The modules I've chosen for next year are for creative writing and globalisation. I can't wait to get cracking!


What I've Been Listening To...

Ed Sheeran's new album 'X' is pretty amazing, I can't stop listening to it. I've also been loving the song Hideaway by Kieszta and Heartbreak Dream by Betty Who. They sound like Summer!


What I've Been Watching...

Early June saw the premiere of Orange Is The New Black Season Two, something I had been eagerly awaiting since finishing the first season in a matter of days. I still can't quite work out whether I prefer binge watching a whole season or if I'd rather have watched one a week. There now seems to be a massive gap until the next season where I'll probably repeat the process again.

I've also been rewatching one of my favourite old TV shows (netflix is clearly my best friend at the moment), Charmed. I'm already on Season 5 and I love it as much as I did when I was 14.


What I've Been Eating...

There've been a lot of friends and family birthdays in June which has resulted in a lot of eating out. As much as I love trying out new restaurants it unfortunately means eating a lot of food that isn't the healthiest. I'm hoping to begin my health kick in July and I will be posting my progress on my YouTube channel.


What I've Been Drinking ...

Too much wine, also a result of the many birthdays! As July will be a quieter month I plan on trying to drink my 8 glasses of water a day with a cup of green tea every morning.


What I've Been Wearing...

I'm currently harbouring a love for midi dresses and sandals, they've been perfect for the sunny weather we've been having lately.

Where I've Been Going...

I've been to quite a few restaurants and bars this month for both birthdays and blogger meetups. You may see a post on some of these in the future; Chop Shop, The Roslin, Hakkasan, La Polenteria, Rosy Lee Café, The Shorehouse, Guanabara and Queen of Hoxton.


Share:

8 comments

  1. We finished Orange is the New Black in a week or two, it was pretty darn good. This time of year, all the series come to a stop and then there's nothing to watch haha. Best get my butt outside then!
    I think I've fallen in love with midi skirts at the moment but I have to watch the length with my short legs haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accounting and French sounds horrible haha, probably my 2 least favourite things, I think it's a great idea changing from law to an open degree, I'd love to be able to pick modules from across different subjects, you can learn so much more.
    I just binged Orange is the New Black, stayed up till 4am to finish it, probably not the best idea but Im blaming netflix for automatically starting the next episode! It's a pretty good season I think, although not looking forward to waiting a year for the next one!
    Looking forward to keeping up on your health kick, good luck with it! I'm getting back onto mine as well, trying to get my exercise routine going atm, it's not going great I'll admit haha.

    Looking forward to seeing more of your posts again, I got out of blogging for a few months, but I'm trying to get back into it this month as well. :)

    Emma xx
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I love OITNB. We were watching only one episode a day which was nice. After a while watching more than 1 episode of OITNB made me feel like I wasted my day... Good show though! I'm excited for season 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah there's nothing to really watch at the moment on the TV. Now it's July I think I'm going to have to make an effort to drag myself away from YouTube and Netflix to enjoy the sunshine haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were hell! So glad I'm nearly finished my first year now. I've not been blogging so much either, I've been ill and uni/work have been taking up most of my time. Hopefully we can both get back into it for July :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I definitely spent too much time watching them haha. After working all week and studying part time as well though it's nice to have a day just watching a good TV show :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, I'm so with you on Orange is the new Black! My boyfriend and I decided to watch the 2nd season together - not all at once - but in the next few weeks. Fortunately, I just read an article yesterday, which stated that they will not take another year until the next season is done. We might get season 3 in about six months (wouldn't that be awesome?!) and the woman who plays Alex Vause said that she wanted to become a regular character, if she has no scheduling conflicts with other work - yay!
    Also, I think, Charmed has been one of my oldest series obsessions (right after Felicity and Dawson's Creek, haha) - who is your favorite Halliwell sister? I think mine was Prue. Then Prue died (so tragic). Oh, also loved Phoebe&Cole together.
    - Just saw that you are in Berlin in July. If you ever happen to take a train to Vienna, I'd love to show you around, if you want to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh that's really good! I don't think I can wait a whole year haha. My favourite sister has always been Piper :) I'd love to visit Vienna but don't think I'll get a chance to this time. I'm looking at maybe visiting a few places in October though so could possibly then. Thank you for offering :)

    ReplyDelete

© Tea & Post | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig