Shopping and Lunch in Plaka, Athens. | Tea & Post

Monday 21 April 2014

Shopping and Lunch in Plaka, Athens.

I'd been looking forward to this bank holiday weekend for quite some time now. Partly because it meant a whole four days off work, but also as I was going back over to Athens to visit my Dad again. I had a pretty early flight on Good Friday (6am, ouch!) so I spent most of the weekend suffering from sleep deprivation. Nevertheless it was lovely to see him and what made it even better was that the rest of my family had flown over as well. The main reason for us all being over there was that Easter happened to fall upon my Aunt's 50th birthday, but more on that in another post...



Having been picked up from the airport by my Dad and Nan I was driven straight to Plaka to meet the others for a spot of lunch. I went for the Chicken Salad which was pretty interesting. It was nice but strangely covered in Marie Rose sauce?! Apparently it's not just for seafood! We spent the rest of the afternoon browsing the surrounding shops, I soon realised there was so much I wanted to buy. I've taken a particular liking to all things made out of olive wood which I feel is very grown up of me. I'll be stuffing my suitcase full of cheese boards, wine racks and giant spoons before I know it! 

Unfortunately the weather took a turn for the worst in the form of a thunderstorm, so we decided to head back to the hotel that my aunt and uncle were staying in to have a drink in their Sky Bar. It had a wonderful view of the Acropolis, with some handy binoculars to peer through and comfy chairs to relax on. Once again being chased away by the indecisive weather, we finished up our evening by going back to our house for a takeaway, more drinks and to watch Lord of the Rings.



It's been so lovely to have the family all together again for the first time since January. It's not quite the same on Skype! I have quite a few other Athens blog posts coming this week and I also plan on posting some more photos I've taken. I'm not sure if I've mentioned on this blog before but I also have a Tumblr where I keep all my favourite photos I've taken whilst travelling. If you're interested to see them you can find it here. There'll be a couple more appearing soon!

What did you do this Easter Weekend?
Share:

6 comments

  1. Easter weekends are usually so lovely. It seems as if you made the most of your day with the fam. This easter holiday was a bit boring for me though. No family beach picnics or night life this time around :(
    Olive Needs Popeye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Easter Weekend, it's usually filled with chocolate and family time haha. Family beach picnics sound awesome, there's always the bank holiday at the end of May if you didn't get time this weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend, having family in a different country must be difficult, but at least you get to spend time in Athens! :) Shame about the weather, but at least all your family were together! I spend Easter Sunday in my Uni house all alone doing work. Not the best Easter :)

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taking some getting used to but I guess the positive way of thinking about it is I can visit whenever I want :) That's a shame you were alone at Easter working, at least there's another bank holiday coming up at the end of the month!

      Delete
  3. Giant spoons?! I always come back with strange things when I go home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think they were serving spoons but they were pretty huge. Cheese board was the top of my 'I want that' list though, would have to start having cheese and wine parties!

      Delete

© Tea & Post | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig