Ocean Beach | Tea & Post

Friday 9 August 2013

Ocean Beach


If the title of this post had you thinking of Ocean Beach in Ibiza I'm sorry to disappoint, (to be honest I'dve rather gone there as well!) Instead I'm referring to a bar/restaurant situated quite close to where I live that I went to last night with my friend Emily for dinner. Situated on the beach it really is lovely for sitting and watching the sea or watching the sunset. They have both a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu for inside but if you choose to sit on the decking they have a whole other menu.
 The decking is similar service to Nandos, you choose which drinks/food you would like and go up to the bar to give them your table number and order. We decided to go for Tapas, I had been thinking about the calamari all day! Emily stuck to diet coke but I decided to branch out and try a new flavour of Rekorderlig that I hadn't had before, the passionfruit one. Think it's safe to say it's taken over the strawberry and lime one as my new favourite. They brought us some bread and oil to begin with whilst we sat there and chatted. It's actually my friends birthday next week but she's on holiday for it so it was my chance to give her the presents I'd bought for her. (I'd gotten her two OPI nail varnishes, one clear top coat the other in Vampsterdam and a Deathly Hallows necklace)



The the food arrived, I think we'd over ordered, was definitely a case of our eyes being bigger than our bellies! We had the calamari, aubergine, patatas bravas, tomato and red onion salad, piri piri chicken and coconut coated tiger prawns with sweet chilli dip. It was delicious! My favourites were the calamari, the aubergine and the tiger prawns. I'd definitely recommend going there if you're in the area. Having been there before several other times I can also say that the breakfast is also rather tasty as are other dishes on the decking menu. The Thai Fillet Beef Oriental Noodles are a personal favourite as is the Eggs Benedict from the breakfast menu.


Share:

2 comments

  1. OMG this looks amazing, I absolutely love tapas. And I need to try this passion fruit Rekorderlig! You've made my breakfast look very unappealing in comparison :)

    Rosie x

    PS Congrats on the Liebster Award and thanks so much for thinking of me! I've actually done a Liebster post already but I really appreciate you nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You little piglets! The food does look amazing though and those coconut prawns are my fave. xx

    ReplyDelete

© Tea & Post | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig